Forums/ The 7th Continent/ Rules and Operating Points4 messages
Posté
I think I've missed something when it comes to resting :action_rest:.

To the best of my understanding unless there is a red circle with a line through it (and wouldn't you know its the one symbol they don't have on the emoji's) then you are able to craft :action_craft:, light a fire :action_make_fire:, and rest:action_rest:.

Taking one of those actions simply requires not being involved in anything else and then doing it. If you craft you take the card from your hand and put it in your inventory. If you light a fire you put a fire token on the area card.

But what do you do to rest? Does it say somewhere and I've missed it?
Posté - Edité
Just like everything else, you have to have the white :action_rest: symbol on some card at your location or in your hand in order to rest. So you can't do a rest action just because you want to. There are probably a bunch of places that shows up, perhaps at suitable places for resting, but the most basic is:

The Tired state card: :action_rest::card_blue:0+ :icon_succes:2
Posté
I see! Yes, I understand where I went wrong reading the rule book. I assumed when it said that the red-circle-with-a-line-through meant you couldn't rest, craft or light a fire it meant that you could choose to do any of those 3 actions anytime you liked otherwise.
Posté
Yeah, I apparently totally forgot about the red circle symbol and what it meant. I remember seeing it on one card, and not really registering what it meant. I hope I didn't miss it anywhere else or play things incorrectly, but eh, I died anyway. At least I'll get it right moving forward.
Forums/ The 7th Continent/ Rules and Operating Points4 messages