Forums/ The 7th Continent/ The Adventurers' Camp15 messages
Posté
Hey guys,
Yesterday I had my first game in with a couple of friends and my oh my what a day it was. We all had a great day and after playing for 14 hours we had to stop because we couldn't keep our eyes open. We played with the mini's I had painted the last few days and I just wanted to show them of...

Cheers

7th continent by D C, on Flickr
Posté
Wow, they look really good!

I have minis from a couple of games that I keep thinking I would like to paint but I've never done it before. I'm thinking I should start with something simple like a couple of item pieces I have (like the campfires for 7thC) but do you have any tips or websites/books that you would recommend as a primer?
Posté
I have finished recording my beginners painting guide for The 7th Continent. I will post here when I have finished editing it. It will be posted to my youtube-channel Happy Crappy Paints. I am a beginner and amateur myself and do not profess to show anyone the absolute way of doing things, but you may find some tips in the video once it is up.

I managed to paint the minis in the base game (i.e. not the rock worm) in one afternoon/evening, so it's a speed paint.
Posté
@Soldaan : very nice ! I like the grass on the pedestal. :)
@Phalck : Don't hesitate to post your videos on the french topic too !

Some pictures on the french T7C forum
resource_fire Firebird resource_fire (ma ludothèque)
T7Continent : icon_succes DV, OG, LG --- icon_curse SI, [CD+SI] --- icon_success-left Histoire, Pénitence, Funéraille --- card_type_temporary_event [SI+TS]
T7Citadel : card_type_temporary_event
Posté
Thanks guys!

@FantasyJunky: I used an airbrush with Vallejo airbrush primer. But before I owned an airbrush I always used the Citadel primer from Games Workshop. It's a bit of an expensive can but atleast I know what kind of product I use. Other guys from my local gaming group use cheaper primers from local carstores, so maybe you can try that out. I'm always a bit scared my models are being f*cked up.

The best way is to just start and paint, thin the paint down and if something goes wrong it easy to paint over it. I'm looking forward to your first results!

Cheers.
Posté - Edité
Nice, sounds good !

I can't wait to get mine completed (Work in progress).
Posté
I'll post on the French language forum as well...
Posté
I just received mine painted by Truliduli (the dude who actually made the official one).

Check this out :

:w00t:
There're gorgious !
Posté
Feeling a little bit scared to post after just seeing the above pictures.... nonetheless here is my beginners guide by a beginner to painting the minis for the game.

Happy Crappy Paints The 7th Continent
Posté
Just a few words from a french player :

@Soldaan : Really nice paintings, smooth and detailed + cutsomed base, congratulations ! :thumb_up:

@Phalck : Maybe you're "just" a beginner with figurines painting but there's nothing to be scared about that. First, I think the result is pretty good, second you're certainly not a beginner with video editing, it's a really good job ! :thumb_up:
:action_go_see: : Solo (Eliot & Dimitri) / :flag_curse_sm: : Traque Sanguinaire+Marais de l'Epouvante / :action_think: : 0h00 (0 sessions)
Le Passé : 6 malédictions levées (DV-OG-CP*-LG-CD-SI) / 22 sessions pour environ 48H30 / 0 :icon_curse: (parfois de peu)
Posté
Phalck a écrit :
Feeling a little bit scared to post after just seeing the above pictures.... nonetheless here is my beginners guide by a beginner to painting the minis for the game.

Happy Crappy Paints The 7th Continent

Very nice minis, video and, moreover, very relaxing to watch :-)
I cannot say much about the technique though (that's why I chose Trulidulu for mine :p) but it looks pretty good indeed !
Posté
thank you for this video !
I think I will try with your advice.
Posté
This are my painted rock worms. I loved to paint this miniatures!

https://imgur.com/a/X3SQX

Posté
very nice !
Congratulations :-)
Forums/ The 7th Continent/ The Adventurers' Camp15 messages