Forums/ The 7th Continent/ Equipment and After Sales10 messages
Posté - Edité
Basically removing the plastic figures and some fluff and in Q4 will start selling the game on the website as "classic edition." They're also re-releasing some of the expansions with it.

Well there goes the value of the "Collector's Edition" I went all-in on eBay for three days ago for rookie + full gameplay. So much for “Your last chance... to be cursed.” Some disingenuous advertising to capitalize on FOMO and painful for those who got it partially because it’s a collectors item that’ll hold its value and can eventually be sold after experienced.

Though it is nice everyone will get to experience this game now.

https://the7thcontinent.seriouspoulp.com/images/ks/The7thContinent_collector_classic_n
oborder.jpg
Posté
A pity, there will still only be a French and an English version available. I am sure, a German publisher would be willing to help out.
Posté - Edité

Rereleased in a significantly reduced form.

-No minis
-No Dark Chest curse
-No Lovecraft or Frankenstein, the game's strongest and (arguably) most interesting characters.
-Missing over a hundred cards in the black box, including a lot of fan favorites like the goat.
-Roughly 12% of black box content is missing overall.
-Most expansions not reprinted
-Only 2 trays means it will be a pretty tight fit even with just the 2 expansions that are being reprinted. If you managed to track down the others you'd have nowhere to put them.
-Iffy compatibility with Flying Roots and Fear the Devourers because classic only has standees and those only have minis.
-Incompatible with WGUMCD, because the goat becomes important

I'm kinda surprised they think something like this is worth releasing, if I had missed out I would definitely still be looking for an ebay copy, I would not consider this an acceptable replacement after seeing all the kickstarter stuff.
Posté
-Incompatible with WGUMCD, because the goat becomes important

I haven’t played through all the content yet, but I don’t think the goat is necessary for anything important
flag_curse_sm VG: icon_succes PoC: icon_succes IM: icon_succes
CS card_pick009: icon_succes, card_pick123: icon_succesicon_succes
VotE icon_succes SoM icon_succes
Posté
On the Armageddon's clue card, it says something about, I believe, assasinating the goat and then taking a card (probably the next clue or something). Apart from that, you've got the mini and the 999 card, which are useless without the goat, and sometimes a goat banner (like with goat's fate according to KS).

So overall indeed nothing really important, except for
Armageddon (and maybe some more secrets)
Posté
Feenenvogel a écrit :
On the Armageddon's clue card, it says something about, I believe, assasinating the goat and then taking a card (probably the next clue or something). Apart from that, you've got the mini and the 999 card, which are useless without the goat, and sometimes a goat banner (like with goat's fate according to KS).

So overall indeed nothing really important, except for
Armageddon (and maybe some more secrets)

Armaggedon's
the thing I was calling important. There's a whole curse you can't even start (as far as I know) without the goat.

There's a bunch of smaller interactions with the goat too, but I don't think breaking them will break anything important.

But, an expansion with a curse that you can't play because you're missing a card from the base game is incompatible in my book.
Posté
But you can’t get the expansions anyway
flag_curse_sm VG: icon_succes PoC: icon_succes IM: icon_succes
CS card_pick009: icon_succes, card_pick123: icon_succesicon_succes
VotE icon_succes SoM icon_succes
Posté
Now just waiting for the price and any statement if they are open for selling license to have publishers bring more languages to life.
Posté - Edité
JackSpirio a écrit :
But you can’t get the expansions anyway

This is true, more or less.

Still, as a completionist, having some expansions that are tough to find is much different from being unexpandable. That would be a dealbreaker for me, on this edition. I'm sure there's plenty out there who won't be bothered by this.

To be clear: I have my KS copy and I'm not complaining. I just think it's an odd choice.
Forums/ The 7th Continent/ Equipment and After Sales10 messages