Forums/ The 7th Continent/ Rules and Operating Points3 messages
Posté - Edité
I just played the first Kickstarter Print and Play demo with the alpha rules, as a way to stave off my ever growing urge to pay this game for real. I really enjoyed it.

So, this is for the rules masters at SP. I would like to know what your intent was.

I noticed that the demo ends with your explorer arriving at the 7th Continent at one of three different starting card locations, depending on where and by what means you left the islet. Did you follow through by designing three different entry points to the Continent based on how the demo ends, essentially giving demo players am experience that most players will never have?

And since the demo segues rather seamlessly into the full game, does that mean any items we found in the demo would also carry over into the real game?

Would any other cards from the action deck transfer over to the full game? What was the designers intent?

Thanks for making such an intriguing game!!
Posté
I believe the demo game is no longer compatible with the 2nd Edition of T7C. Simply because the demo is representative of the alpha rules only.
:icon_succes_7:2nd GEN BACKER:icon_succes_7:
:icon_journal:15 HOURS :resource_fire:5 SESSIONS
:flag_curse_sm: :icon_succes:2 :icon_curse:0
Posté
In the final game (v1 and v2), the starting card location is set by the curse card (or the smallest number if you play more than one curse).

So, there is no direct link with the PnP. I think the different ends were made to explain that the path on the continent is not linear. And It's the same for items that should be usefull later in the game.

But, if you explore enough the final game,
you should refind some part of the PnP : similar terrains, items, etc.
;-)
resource_fire Firebird resource_fire (ma ludothèque)
T7Continent : icon_succes DV, OG, LG --- icon_curse SI, [CD+SI] --- icon_success-left Histoire, Pénitence, Funéraille --- card_type_temporary_event [SI+TS]
T7Citadel : card_type_temporary_event
Forums/ The 7th Continent/ Rules and Operating Points3 messages