Forums/ The 7th Continent/ Rules and Operating Points9 posts
Posted
When running “The Veins of the Earth”, there is a mechanic in play to
automatically move the barge whenever a non-compulsory action is performed
. I’m not sure we’re playing this correctly as
it makes most actions on permanent cards impossible to play
. For example, you can expose
816 with the look action, but the barge moves on at the end of the look action. So you can never do the permanent event card action that is now attached
. Have we just not come across the right cards, or are we interpreting the rules incorrectly?
Posted
Hello :-)

I can't verify your specific case, but I think I understand your mistake.
A permanent event is attached to the entire Terran card, and not just to a single area of the channel. You can therefore discover an event card (with a :action_observe: action for example), then act on this event :action_empty: because you stand on the same Terran card.
Of course, if you change the Terrain card while following the channel, it is not possible in this case.
resource_fire Firebird resource_fire (ma ludothèque)
T7Continent : icon_succes DV, OG, LG --- icon_curse SI, [CD+SI] --- icon_success-left Histoire, Pénitence, Funéraille --- card_type_temporary_event [SI+TS]
T7Citadel : card_type_temporary_event
Posted
We understand that and follow that normally. However, in “The veins in the earth“ and due to the
wave symbol
on the association terrain card, the instructions say to
move the barge to the next train card as soon as the “hand size” phase of an action is complete. So we discover the event card 816 by doing the look action on card 860. Since the look action is now complete, the barge moves on. Which means we can’t access the event on 816 anymore.
Posted - Edited
I think there 2 cases possible :
1/
- Card 860 Part A : Do the :action_observe: action to discover the permanent event 816. Then move to Card 860 Part B.
- Card 860 Part B : Do the action on 816. Then move to the next Terran card.
==> No problem ! Except if the last action offer a third non-mandatory action : is it the case ?

2/
- Card 860 Part A : You do another action, maybe eating for example. Then move to Card 860 Part B.
- Card 860 Part B : Do the :action_observe: action to discover the permanent event 816. Then move to the next Terran card.
- Next Terran card Part A : The permanent event is no longer available.
==> It's too late ! But this is not a problem with the game. Just a bad decision when you was in 860-partA. ;-)
T7Continent : icon_succes DV, OG, LG --- icon_curse SI, [CD+SI] --- icon_success-left Histoire, Pénitence, Funéraille --- card_type_temporary_event [SI+TS]
Posted
Your first case is how it happens, except that 816 is a non-mandatory action. Hence we can’t take the part B as the barge has moved on. :shrug: We finished the curse anyway, but never took the 816 action.

We’ve added this to a list of cards, actions, and mini quests we’ve not taken during any of the curses and plan to go through them once when we’re done with all curses in the game. We’re on the last one, so “soon”.
Posted
I don't understand your problem. :wassat:

• The barge enter in [Card 860 Part A] :
    - You must play the mandatory actions, included the :action_mandatory::action_pathfind: action on the Exploration card :card_grey: that reveale the next Terrain card :exploration_into_adventure:
    - According to the rule, Mandatory action = no move for your barge.
    - Then, you can do 1 classic action :action_empty:. For exemple, the :action_observe: action to discover the permanent event 816.
    - 1 classic action = move the barge after resolution.
  • The barge enter in [Card 860 Part B] :
    - You can do 1 classic action :action_empty:, included on the permanent event 816 which is accessible from any position on the 860 Terran card (part A or B anyway). If you choose another classic action, you loose your chance to do the event, of course.
    - 1 classic action = move the barge after resolution.
  • The barge enter in the next Terran card, part A.
    - To late for the event 816...
Posted - Edited
After your third attempt to explain things, I reread the instructions keeping your A/B comments in the forefront of my mind (i.e. "how is Firebird thinking there are two phases on a card"). Oh my goodness! We didn't realize there was an upstream and downstream on a single card. We interpreted "downstream" as the next card. That would have made things *so* much easier. I think we went to the surface 3-4 times, resetting the board until we finished. Thanks for your help in clearing up that point of confusion!

Edit: We kept focusing on the line "move the barge figure and all explorer figures that are aboard to the next section of the canal (downstream from the present one)", but missed the intro paragraph line "each concerned terrain card is split into two canal sections by a white dividing arrow: the upstream section (before the dividing arrow) and the downstream section (after the arrow)"
Posted
Ah ah ah ! :D'
I was sure there was a little thing you missed. ^^
You should more appreciate your next attemp of the curse !

Sorry for my bad english level. If I had used the correct vocabulary, you would have had the correct answer faster.
See you ! 8-)
Forums/ The 7th Continent/ Rules and Operating Points9 posts