Forums/ The 7th Continent/ 2nd Kickstarter Campaign11 posts
Posted
I want to Late Pledge but I want to make sure you ship to Canada? It's asking me for my CC before I can select my address so I'd like to confirm ahead of time.

Thanks!
Posted
Yes, the USA, European Union, Canada and Australia will all be “Shipping Friendly”. This means that backers from these countries will not incur any import taxes.
For checking the estimated fees, look at the "Shipping" part on the KS page.
resource_fire Firebird resource_fire (ma ludothèque)
T7Continent : icon_succes DV, OG, LG --- icon_curse SI, [CD+SI] --- icon_success-left Histoire, Pénitence, Funéraille --- card_type_temporary_event [SI+TS]
T7Citadel : card_type_temporary_event
Posted
Hello I recently backed The 7th Continent and I understand the game is currently en route in a cargo ship to Vancouver, Canada.

From there it's going to go to Toronto, Canada and then get shipped out to backers from there.

I live in Vancouver - is there any way I can get my game when it's in Vancouver instead of it shipping 4,400 kms to Toronto just to get shipped another 4,400 kms back to Vancouver?

I'm sure I'm not the only one living in Western Canada - would save you a lot of shipping cost and save the environment too if you didn't have to ship items from one side of the continent to the other side, just to ship them back again.

Seems a bit silly to be shipping it an extra 8,800 kms. Please let me know if there's anything I can do. Thank you.
Posted
I live only a couple of km from the shipping port, so I was also thinking the same thing. However, Toronto is in central Canada, so it makes more sense to distribute the games from central Canada. Shipping individual boxes across the country from B.C. would be make less sense logistically than shipping them from Toronto.
Posted
I have been thinking the same thing. It seems SP tried to learn from their first Kickstarter and Canadian shipping but still insist on shipping across the country to Toronto. I understand wanting to use a distributor they are familiar with; however, the end result is the same with delays. It is already three weeks after the shipment was to reach Toronto (originally March 1 and now March 21). I just hope they learn the final part of the lesson and find a distributor in Vancouver as the shipment of the individual packages would arriving already instead of everyone still waiting for it to get to Toronto.

We will get our games in time, so it will work out in the end. I just hope they improve for the wave 2 shipments.

I am also surprised at the lack of comments on the Canadian side for being 3 weeks late compared to the Americans so upset because their ship is 5 days late. Maybe we are too laid back. 😉
Posted
How about Montreal? When should I expect to get the game?
Posted
@Jonadee As I speak (March 20th), the information we have so far is that the shipment is to reach the distributor in Toronto via rail tomorrow (March 21st). Snakes & Lattes (the Distributor) will need a few days to organize and start getting shipments out (I normally say a week before the first order goes out, so let's estimate March 28th). From there, if their capacity allows 250-300 units to be shipped a day (I have no idea for S&L but seems to be normal for most distributors, depending on complexity of the orders) and with 3,001 Canadian backers (as per Kickstarter) that would take around 10-12 business days for the last one to go out. Give Canada Post 3-5 business days to deliver the package and I would put the estimate of arrival time at your door around April 3-19, primarily depending on where you are in the fulfillment process (10-12 business days above).

Hope that helps :)
Posted
Wow thanks :-)
Posted
We have some updated news. Snakes & Lattes (S&L) have just received the shipment (YEAH!). Time to glean some new information and make new shipping expectations for Canada.

I still think give S&L the rest of this week to get things inventoried, organized, etc. From there, the US distributors have requested 3-4 weeks to ship around 9,300 packages they have received (it takes time). Based on the Kickstarter community page, there were just over 16,000 US backers. Of course, some of those backers are returning customers and some delayed until the Wave 2. So it sounds like roughly 60% of people are Wave 1 (9,300/16,000 rounded in favour of the shipper). So, if Canada shows 3,000 backers, if we assume similar stats to our US counterparts, S&L has around 1,800 units to ship. If the US needs 4 weeks (let's assume the worst to limit our expectations) to ship 9,300 units, that means they are shipping 2,325 per week. So, S&L should be able to get the 1,800 out in about a week. That is a lot of estimates as we are also assuming S&L has the same capacity but that also gives them 525 less units to ship in that week (about 25% less). Then give Canada Post a week to ship to our doors. That now puts my estimate to be in our Canadian hands of around the week of April 16-20th.

Serious Poulp, can you weigh in and give us an idea if this sounds reasonable to you? ;)
Posted - Edited
Looks like my prediction was fairly accurate for the majority of Canadians as it seems like a lot of people are posting this week they have received their copy. Mine personally came in the mail today (April 19th).

It sounds like there are but a few stragglers as S&L are saying the last of them will be going out in the next day or so. The grapevine says it is those who ordered the big lot of sleeves as there was some shipping issue with those.

Hope everyone who received the game in Wave #1 gets their copy soon and you enjoy the game. See you for Wave #2 this fall/winter. :)

One last point of interest. The game originally arrived in Vancouver on March 8th. Yes, there was customs to get through,etc but it would take exactly 42 days/6 weeks (April 18th) to arrive in the distribution centre for FedEx in Vancouver again. Just a point of how much time it takes to cross this big country twice. I really hope SP figures it out for Wave #2 and gets a distributor in Vancouver. There are several of them, the most popular being Starlit Citadel. As a consumer I've had great service from the personally and with other Kickstarters but I have no idea what they are like from SP side of the coin.
Posted
adambomb76 wrote:
Hello I recently backed The 7th Continent and I understand the game is currently en route in a cargo ship to Vancouver, Canada.

From there it's going to go to Toronto, Canada and then get shipped out to backers from there.

I live in Vancouver - is there any way I can get my game when it's in Vancouver instead of it shipping 4,400 kms to Toronto just to get shipped another 4,400 kms back to Vancouver?

I'm sure I'm not the only one living in Western Canada - would save you a lot of shipping cost and save the environment too if you didn't have to ship items from one side of the continent to the other side, just to ship them back again.

Seems a bit silly to be shipping it an extra 8,800 kms. Please let me know if there's anything I can do. Thank you.

I see nothing has changed for Wave 2. Honestly I'm pretty disappointed by this...less for the inconvenience of having to wait for it to cross the continent and then cross it again, but more for the carbon footprint of an extra 8800 kms of shipping to get the Wave 2 box back to where it was before it went on a 8,800km jaunt back and forth across North America. I wish SP would take this concern more seriously and look at having 2 distributors for Canada and the US. A west coast one and an east coast one.
Forums/ The 7th Continent/ 2nd Kickstarter Campaign11 posts