Forums/ The 7th Continent/ Errors on the game11 posts
Posted
When you are on card 374, you can take the investigate action to get card 384. This is a permanent event with the portcullis that can be opened with the rope. If you successfully open the portcullis, you get card 394, which is a maze (also a permanent event) that replaces 384. When you navigate the maze, you place a "bridge" card - either 418 or 428, depending which part of the maze you chose - where 394 was, and then take card 402 and place your figure(s) on it. When you're ready, you can then move back across the "bridge" card (either 418 or 428) back to where you started on 374.

At this point, 374 and 402 are still in place, with the permanent event "bridge" (418 or 428) connecting them. However, you are now able to take the investigate action on 374 again - the one that shows the closed portcullis... even though you already opened the portcullis and walked through that hallway!

Should cards 418 and 428 have the gold investigate action on their right-facing permanent event arrows indicating that the investigate action can no longer be taken on card 374 (since the portcullis is already open)? Is this an (admittedly very minor) error, or am I missing something?
Posted
It seems that you're right.
I search in the rulebook for a sentence that would say "if a terrain or permanent event is alrady into play, the new one go back in the adventure deck". But I didn't find it.
A :action_unavailable: icon could be another solution for this case, as you suggested.

I flag the topic for the autor. It should be useful for The 7th Citadel indeed.
resource_fire Firebird resource_fire (ma ludothèque)
T7Continent : icon_succes DV, OG, LG --- icon_curse SI, [CD+SI] --- icon_success-left Histoire, Pénitence, Funéraille --- card_type_temporary_event [SI+TS]
T7Citadel : card_type_temporary_event
Posted
oughgh wrote:

Should cards 418 and 428 have the gold investigate action on their right-facing permanent event arrows indicating that the investigate action can no longer be taken on card 374 (since the portcullis is already open)? Is this an (admittedly very minor) error, or am I missing something?

Well spoted!
These gold arrows on card 418/428 should indeed have the already performed "Go see" action icon.
Posted
I’m confused about how you use the rope to open the portcullis. I have the rope, but there’s no “take/handle” effect on the rope card. Would I need another card with the “take/handle” effect icon on it attached to my rope item In order to add the +10 from the rope banner?
Posted
wywy0 wrote:
I’m confused about how you use the rope to open the portcullis. I have the rope, but there’s no “take/handle” effect on the rope card. Would I need another card with the “take/handle” effect icon on it attached to my rope item In order to add the +10 from the rope banner?

Hi,
You can perform the :action_take: and use the rope +10 :flag_blue_sm:, to take card [394]. It doesn't matter if the rope doesnt have the take/handle :action_condition: on it.
Posted
Thanks so much for the reply, this was such an old thread I wasn’t sure I would get one!

So the rule is then that you can still use an item on an action even when it doesn’t show any matching effects? And when that item shows a banner with an icon matching the item used you can take the adventure card with the banner value added?

I had been playing such that you could only use an item if the items effects match the action you’re taking. This is the first instance where that wouldn’t have been the case.

Loving the game by the way, I played one game and was instantly hooked and bought all the expansions. So much fun to get lost in and it’s always surprising me which I love.

Thanks!
Posted
So the rule is then that you can still use an item on an action even when it doesn’t show any matching effects?

--> :flag_blue_sm: and :flag_curse_sm: are the only exception.
Posted
BrunoS wrote:
oughgh wrote:

Well spoted!
These gold arrows on card 418/428 should indeed have the already performed "Go see" action icon.

Thanks Bruno! Any chance you can post updated images of these cards so we can print them out (similar to the other 3 images on the errata page)? And then also update the errata 2.1 list to version 2.2 to include these 2 as well?

I realize it's a few years old at this point, but with the current success/hotness of 7th Citadel, more people will be picking up and/or dusting off 7th Continent as well.

Thanks!
Forums/ The 7th Continent/ Errors on the game11 posts