Forums/ The 7th Continent/ Rules and Operating Points13 posts
Posted
So i just hunted a animal and it gived me 3 foods.

Now all of them are the same type and they are seen as a item as they have a dice number to them.

Soooo in a way can i stack them one on top of the other (I am doing a solo atm) And just take the time to go to a fire and use them one after the other?

Thank you in advance!

Zets
Posted
Yes, you can put all the 3 foods on a unique inventory slot.
As the keyword is the same, the pip increase to 3.
:resource_fire: Firebird :resource_fire: (Phoenixeux sur TT)
[DV :icon_curse::icon_curse::icon_succes:] [OG :icon_curse::icon_curse::icon_curse:*:icon_succes:] [LG :icon_succes:] [CD+SI :icon_curse::icon_curse:] [SI :icon_curse:] [CD :icon_curse::icon_success-left: :icon_success-right:**] [SI+TS en cours]
*[Histoire-T7C :icon_succes_7:] **[Pénitence :icon_curse:+Funéraille:icon_success-left:]
Posted
The game became alot more insane and more manageble. THANKKK YOUUUU!!!!
Posted
What if your item slots are all used up? Can you keep the item / food in hand first? Since there's no hand icon in the card, I am not pretty sure.
Thanks.
Posted
Vardamir wrote:
What if your item slots are all used up? Can you keep the item / food in hand first? Since there's no hand icon in the card, I am not pretty sure.


No, they have to go to an inventory slot. You can of course discard an inventory stack to keep them, but the best advice is to make sure you have room available before you go hunting.
Posted
There is a 'house rule' that I play, and I think other do as well. (there a BGG forum post about it too)

If you are hunting, and don't have any room to put your food cards, you can eat them immediately.
If there is a fire on your terrain, you get the fire bonus too.

However, if you want to move you must either discard the food or discard the inventory items enough to hold them.


I don't know if this will change the game too much, or make it easier than it should be, but to me it seems more realistic.
Posted
Thefieryphoenix wrote:
If you are hunting, and don't have any room to put your food cards, you can eat them immediately.
If there is a fire on your terrain, you get the fire bonus too.

On the french forum, there's a similar "house rule" but with more restriction to keep the game not to easy :
- If you are hunting, you can eat the food cards immediately.
- But, even if there a fire, you can't cook them.
- And each food card give -1 card.
:resource_fire: Firebird :resource_fire: (Phoenixeux sur TT)
[DV :icon_curse::icon_curse::icon_succes:] [OG :icon_curse::icon_curse::icon_curse:*:icon_succes:] [LG :icon_succes:] [CD+SI :icon_curse::icon_curse:] [SI :icon_curse:] [CD :icon_curse::icon_success-left: :icon_success-right:**] [SI+TS en cours]
*[Histoire-T7C :icon_succes_7:] **[Pénitence :icon_curse:+Funéraille:icon_success-left:]
Posted
If I have an item in my inventory that has "stamina" as a keyword and durability of 4 and I add to it food with "stamina" keyword and durability 1, do I increase the durability of that column to 5 as usual? After I cook it, I deduct it, right?

If I add the food under something that doesn't share the "stamina" keyword, I can not add food´s 1 durability, so when I want to cook it, I will have to deduct the whole durability of that stack, correct?

So basically, its not good to add food randomly under non-stamina cards.
Posted
ElVen wrote:
If I have an item in my inventory that has "stamina" as a keyword and durability of 4 and I add to it food with "stamina" keyword and durability 1, do I increase the durability of that column to 5 as usual? After I cook it, I deduct it, right?

If I add the food under something that doesn't share the "stamina" keyword, I can not add food´s 1 durability, so when I want to cook it, I will have to deduct the whole durability of that stack, correct?

So basically, its not good to add food randomly under non-stamina cards.


That is correct.

If you put food in a Stamina stack, it gains a durability when you add the food and loses one when you eat it, for a net loss of 0 durability.

If you put it in a stack without the Stamina keyword on the top card, it doesn't gain a durability when you add the food, but still loses 1 when you eat it. So you end up losing 1 durability per food, which is bad. In an extreme case, if you add 2 food to a non-Stamina stack with only 1 durability left, you won't even be able to eat both of them.
Posted
Just a small error with this sentence :
ElVen wrote:
After I cook it, I deduct it, right?

You must lose -1pip on your stack before to be able to use the action :action_eat: on the food card.
:resource_fire: Firebird :resource_fire: (Phoenixeux sur TT)
[DV :icon_curse::icon_curse::icon_succes:] [OG :icon_curse::icon_curse::icon_curse:*:icon_succes:] [LG :icon_succes:] [CD+SI :icon_curse::icon_curse:] [SI :icon_curse:] [CD :icon_curse::icon_success-left: :icon_success-right:**] [SI+TS en cours]
*[Histoire-T7C :icon_succes_7:] **[Pénitence :icon_curse:+Funéraille:icon_success-left:]
Posted
thanks for confirming! All clear now :)
Posted
Just one more question on my side.

If I stack 3 food and each card says take 3 cards or 6 with fire from the discard pile.

Can I then take 9 if I use the food? And only reduce the pip by one?
Posted - Edited
niels1449 wrote:
Just one more question on my side.

If I stack 3 food and each card says take 3 cards or 6 with fire from the discard pile.

Can I then take 9 if I use the food? And only reduce the pip by one?


No.
When you make an action on a card from Inventory, you must apply -1:icon_d6:.
So, in your case, you pay -1 pip and you apply the consequence :white_box: on this card, only.
You repeat this for each Food card.
:resource_fire: Firebird :resource_fire: (Phoenixeux sur TT)
[DV :icon_curse::icon_curse::icon_succes:] [OG :icon_curse::icon_curse::icon_curse:*:icon_succes:] [LG :icon_succes:] [CD+SI :icon_curse::icon_curse:] [SI :icon_curse:] [CD :icon_curse::icon_success-left: :icon_success-right:**] [SI+TS en cours]
*[Histoire-T7C :icon_succes_7:] **[Pénitence :icon_curse:+Funéraille:icon_success-left:]
Forums/ The 7th Continent/ Rules and Operating Points13 posts