Forums/ The 7th Continent/ General14 posts
Posted
Is it possible to obtain the 7th Continent: Print & Play Demo?
Posted
https://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/124096/7th-continent-pnp-reduced-size-pdf

Btw: the PnP is (partially) in the game
:flag_curse_sm: : 0/7 :icon_curse: : 2 :action_think: : 12h (6 sessions)
Posted - Edited
Warning : The PnP was compatible with the rules in alpha version. A few graphic elements (Move action in particular) evolved in the final game.
resource_fire Firebird resource_fire (ma ludothèque)
T7Continent : icon_succes DV, OG, LG --- icon_curse SI, [CD+SI] --- icon_success-left Histoire, Pénitence, Funéraille --- card_type_temporary_event [SI+TS]
T7Citadel : card_type_temporary_event
Posted
Huh, thought I'd replied to this thread. I must have forgotten to click the submit button after the preview.

Anyway, I'd recommend against playing the PnP. It's so small, you can't really get a sense of how the game plays. It felt more like a teaser trailer than a true demo. The game itself has a starting location that does a good job of acting like a tutorial.
Posted
Are the cards of the PnP also in the maingame, that I can play it as a tutorial with the original cards?
Posted
rubininio wrote:
Are the cards of the PnP also in the maingame, that I can play it as a tutorial with the original cards?

Some similar cards exist in the final game, but with less mecanisms.
specially the Turtle enigma

If you have the game, I recommand to start with the "Voracious Goddess" curse : the first area (island) is a good place to learn the rules.
T7Continent : icon_succes DV, OG, LG --- icon_curse SI, [CD+SI] --- icon_success-left Histoire, Pénitence, Funéraille --- card_type_temporary_event [SI+TS]
Posted
Hi,

I'm already backing the 2nd KS. But I'd like to show my family what we're in for, so this looks like a great way to do that. But it seems like some info is missing in the file? I have a blank 2nd page, and the link on the 1st page is broken.

Could somebody help me here?
Posted
This link is good for me (you need a BGG account to download the file).

The 2nd page is blank because it's the back face of the 1st page. Like that, you just have to launch a 2-sides printing for the whole document.
Posted
I have played the scenario. We barely made it, had some fun (it was rather short) and I have a few questions:

How do you get card 016 (which states that you know how to swim with a turtle)? I could not find a reference to it. trying to catch it will result in 004, which states that the turtle runs away. Following it will lead to the other half of the island (which we only found after 004, trying for 006 (hopeless, but our last available action), failing, and restarting at 001 (tired and terrified). This time NOT catching the turtle but following it for 013, the other half of the island. Maybe we could have followed it AFTER it ran away (004 AND 013)?

Oh, and after the scenario we found out how we should have gotten card 008....
Posted
This is something that was discussed in the original campaign, the turtle enigma, and how to solve it.

Multiply the card number for the times you need to catching the turtle, that information you find in the grave.

By the way, SP could update this "demo"/"taser" to the new rules and stats. Will be so nice, and one forme to introduce the game and macanics to new players.

I know the very first part from "Voracious Goddess" is good to learn the game, but lack a completation felling, to introduce to new players.
:flag_curse_sm: 0 / 7
VG: :icon_curse: 1 :icon_succes: 0
Posted - Edited
Also many people were disappointed by the turtle enigma in the PNP [citation needed].
I have not seen this kind of puzzle in the full game yet - but there are many interesting and solvable ones - so don't be afraid the whole full game will be like that.
Posted
I think our main mistake was discarding the turtle card after trying to chase it. We should have left it there and performed the 013 (follow) action, thus discovering the rest of the island etc.
Posted
Where can I find the alpha rules that are compatible with the PnP? The link on the original Kickstarter page is broken.
Posted
:icon_succes_7:2nd GEN BACKER:icon_succes_7:
:icon_journal:15 HOURS :resource_fire:5 SESSIONS
:flag_curse_sm: :icon_succes:2 :icon_curse:0
Forums/ The 7th Continent/ General14 posts