Forums/ The 7th Continent/ Card effect2 posts
Posted
This card says:
Randomly discard 1 card from the action deck. If it is a skill (blue hand) card, nothing happens, discard this. If it is a curse (skull) card, each involved character takes a 104 card.

Since we are playing with the Flying Roots, we have non-skill, non-curse cards in the action deck. I don't think it makes sense to treat the roots encounter cards as curses, but they are also not skills... so I would say that if you randomly discard "the strangest encounter", then nothing would happen. But am curious what others think, since the root encounters are kindof intended to be negative like curses (since they offer no successes and can fail your action). Anyway, I think this card would make more sense if it were worded "If it is a curse card, each involved character takes a 104 card, otherwise discard this."
Posted
I'd say nothing happens. You are correct that that wording does not really properly define what should happen.

(Roots is not the only way this can happen, there's blue-backed cards in just the black box with this same undefined behavior.)
Forums/ The 7th Continent/ Card effect2 posts