Forums/ The 7th Continent/ Rules and Operating Points8 posts
Posted
Can you craft one of your character-specific items and then give it to someone else (to create a new item stack or combine with an existing one), since it's no longer in anyone's hand? For example, could Dmitri craft his Bamboo Armor and then give it to Eliot to wear?
Posted
Yes - per the rules the one with the "idea" for the item is the active player in crafting it, but he can give the item to any of the involved characters.
Posted - Edited
This is an often-overlooked rule with crafting in general:

The item can be built into the inventory of any character involved in the :action_craft: action.

People also forget they can cooperate on :action_craft: actions for discounts. It's easy to think of them as a special thing rather than think of them as being actions, and forget about involved characters, I think.

Anyway, character items are no exception. The only restriction on them is which character can keep them in their :icon_hand_blue: hand.
Posted
Yeah, that's what I thought, and the way I've been playing it, it just didn't seem to be covered explicitly in the rules (except I guess by its very omission, since the rules are very comprehensive...) so just wanted see what the consensus was. Thank you both!
Posted
I agree, it should be mentioned explicitly. One of only a few things I feel it should have that it doesn't, because you're right, they're pretty good.
Posted
I am quite new to the game. Only have had been playing for about 3 weeks.
What you are saying is true, but I’m confused why you are talking as though you found a work around to a rule I cannot find in the rulebook.
Under the setup section:
Shuffle the following cards together to form the Action Deck:
- The 35 Skill cards that are common to all characters;
- The 5 Skill cards that are specific to each of the characters taking part in the adventure…

Nowhere else in the rulebook does it say, “Only the character may use their corresponding Skill cards.” It only specifies when those cards are in the deck.

I believe anyone may hold, play, build, etc, any of the cards provided those cards are in the Action Deck due to those characters playing in that adventure.

I apologize if I am in error and have merely caused more confusion.
Thank you
Posted
Nvm. I found it in the rulebook
Posted
StefanHutch wrote:
Nowhere else in the rulebook does it say, “Only the character may use their corresponding Skill cards.” It only specifies when those cards are in the deck.

StefanHutch wrote:
Nvm. I found it in the rulebook

Ok, that's nice.
The information is on the page #11.
resource_fire Firebird resource_fire (ma ludothèque)
T7Continent : icon_succes DV, OG, LG --- icon_curse SI, [CD+SI] --- icon_success-left Histoire, Pénitence, Funéraille --- card_type_temporary_event [SI+TS]
T7Citadel : card_type_temporary_event
Forums/ The 7th Continent/ Rules and Operating Points8 posts