Forums/ The 7th Continent/ Errors on the game9 posts
Posted
Okay, while playing our first game and using the recommended Curse of Voracious Goddess, we ran into a confusing situations that, after discussion on BGG, seems real and repeatable, so I'm mentioning it here.

In the tunnel area you emerge after a fresh reset of all cards at an entry way that, to the right includes a fishhead with a cord.

If you pull the cord it has you banishes Green card 446 leaving the gold card 446. This basically trades a card with a closed grate for the gold version which now has an open grate.

When you reach the 446 grate card from below you then have three options in front of you to exit that card (other than just returning south). You can go West, Go North (following the slug slime) or go East. IF you go east you can then also go north and that will create this problem. The gold 446 card you started on pointed North to card 391. By going East and North you end up just East of the card above 446 and that card (426) tells you that the card to your West should be card 368. Oops. You now have one card SPACE being pointed to that claims to be both 368 and 391 depending on the path you take to it.

The thinking is that when you pull that cord TWO green cards need to be swapped for a gold version when this happens instead of just one.
Posted
It's not an error at all.

If you take the north exit from the gold 446 you will reveal a permanent event which connects to the cards to the south and east of it, and once dealt with (the direction from which you approach it doesn't matter) will be replaced with 368.
Posted
The point is if you choose not to flip the exploration card
north from the gold 446
and instead wait until you've done a path aroundgoing east, north, west. Only then flip the card, and you'll have 2 choices of green card to play, which feels like a mistake.
Posted - Edited
Okay, I see what you mean. Perhaps this section from page 18 of the rules needs some clarification:

Once the Exploration card has been resolved and discarded, the active player must put a XXX Adventure card into play, replacing the Exploration card.
The number of this Adventure card is shown in the numbox associated with the arrow on the Terrain card that points towards the newly opened space.

I always interpreted it as "on the active player's Terrain card". I guess it could be ambiguous if you're looking at it in an abstract way, but in the context of your explorers actually walking from one area to another, it wouldn't make any sense to look at the arrow on some other terrain card that just happens to touch the exploration card on another side.

If you read the example on page 18, it says
... Bruno takes the 009 Adventure card, associated with the arrow visible on his Terrain card...

This makes it more clear, but it should be in the actual rules text I think.
Posted
I think you're right in how to resolve it, there's a bit in a specific curse
The Icy Maze
where having 2 different green numbers pointing at the same exploration square is by design, and I personally resolved it the way you said. Whichever terrain tile I explored from, I used that number. Makes sense.

The thing is with this one, it doesn't feel like this was intended behaviour. It feels weird that you can go through all the story of
pulling the ring
without knowing what it does, exploring around the area, then ominously finding the result of of your choice.

But then being able to completely bypass it by walking into the room via slightly different route.

It feels to me the action that banishes the green terrain card to the south of where the
slug
appears, should also banish a green terrain card to the east of it, then there should be a gold copy of that too. So there's no avoiding anything once you've made your choice!
Posted
I agree that this feels like there's no way it was the intended outcome when it could be easily dealt with by use of a gold card. The choice made would have consequences. That's the bottom line.
Posted
Maybe by the time you have wandered around and come back to that terrain the slug has wandered off?
Posted
This seems like it might be intentional just because it wouldn't have been hard to fix. But it could have been missed, I don't know.
Posted
Thefieryphoenix wrote:
Maybe by the time you have wandered around and come back to that terrain
the slug has wandered off?

That's the way it I view it, since
the slug card specifically says it's not after you
Forums/ The 7th Continent/ Errors on the game9 posts