Forums/ The 7th Continent/ Rules and Operating Points4 posts
Posted
I succed an action with an Mastery effect (red-diamond symbol) and I reveal "The Strangest encounter" at the Result step. If I decide to put back this card in the Action deck, does I have to put 1 flying root fig into play ?

Official answer (from BrunoS in the french forum) :
No, if "The Strangest encounter" card is shuffled into the Action Deck at the Skill step, the part of the effect that is to apply at the Consequence step no longer applies.
:resource_fire: Firebird :resource_fire: (Phoenixeux sur TT)
[DV :icon_curse::icon_curse::icon_succes:] [OG :icon_curse::icon_curse::icon_curse:*:icon_succes:] [LG :icon_succes:] [CD+SI :icon_curse::icon_curse:] [SI :icon_curse:] [CD :icon_curse::icon_success-left: :icon_success-right:**] [SI+TS en cours]
*[Histoire-T7C :icon_succes_7:] **[Pénitence :icon_curse:+Funéraille:icon_success-left:]
Posted
Good to know, thanks. Definitely a FAQ candidate ...
Posted
What if there is already a root figure on your terrain AND you use Mastery?

Studying the action resolution order, there is only one interpretation, I believe:
3. Result step - you check for figures - there is one the action immediately fails
4. Skill step - the action failed so Mastery does nothing

Conclusion: don't forget that the Mastery shuffle-back happens at the Skill step, not Result step.
Posted
dill wrote:
What if there is already a root figure on your terrain AND you use Mastery?

Studying the action resolution order, there is only one interpretation, I believe:
3. Result step - you check for figures - there is one the action immediately fails
4. Skill step - the action failed so Mastery does nothing

Conclusion: don't forget that the Mastery shuffle-back happens at the Skill step, not Result step.

I agree ! :thumb_up:
:resource_fire: Firebird :resource_fire: (Phoenixeux sur TT)
[DV :icon_curse::icon_curse::icon_succes:] [OG :icon_curse::icon_curse::icon_curse:*:icon_succes:] [LG :icon_succes:] [CD+SI :icon_curse::icon_curse:] [SI :icon_curse:] [CD :icon_curse::icon_success-left: :icon_success-right:**] [SI+TS en cours]
*[Histoire-T7C :icon_succes_7:] **[Pénitence :icon_curse:+Funéraille:icon_success-left:]
Forums/ The 7th Continent/ Rules and Operating Points4 posts