Forums/ The 7th Continent/ Rules and Operating Points4 posts
Posted
I succed an action with an Mastery effect (red-diamond symbol) and I reveal "The Strangest encounter" at the Result step. If I decide to put back this card in the Action deck, does I have to put 1 flying root fig into play ?

Official answer (from BrunoS in the french forum) :
No, if "The Strangest encounter" card is shuffled into the Action Deck at the Skill step, the part of the effect that is to apply at the Consequence step no longer applies.
resource_fire Firebird resource_fire (ma ludothèque)
T7Continent : icon_succes DV, OG, LG --- icon_curse SI, [CD+SI] --- icon_success-left Histoire, Pénitence, Funéraille --- card_type_temporary_event [SI+TS]
T7Citadel : card_type_temporary_event
Posted
Good to know, thanks. Definitely a FAQ candidate ...
Posted
What if there is already a root figure on your terrain AND you use Mastery?

Studying the action resolution order, there is only one interpretation, I believe:
3. Result step - you check for figures - there is one the action immediately fails
4. Skill step - the action failed so Mastery does nothing

Conclusion: don't forget that the Mastery shuffle-back happens at the Skill step, not Result step.
Posted
dill wrote:
What if there is already a root figure on your terrain AND you use Mastery?

Studying the action resolution order, there is only one interpretation, I believe:
3. Result step - you check for figures - there is one the action immediately fails
4. Skill step - the action failed so Mastery does nothing

Conclusion: don't forget that the Mastery shuffle-back happens at the Skill step, not Result step.

I agree ! :thumb_up:
resource_fire Firebird resource_fire (ma ludothèque)
T7Continent : icon_succes DV, OG, LG --- icon_curse SI, [CD+SI] --- icon_success-left Histoire, Pénitence, Funéraille --- card_type_temporary_event [SI+TS]
T7Citadel : card_type_temporary_event
Forums/ The 7th Continent/ Rules and Operating Points4 posts