Forums/ The 7th Continent/ General22 posts
Posted
Is there a shop opining date yet? Been checking back daily in the hope I don't miss it.

Don't really wanna buy one from eBay but will if I have to :(
Posted
Heloo, same here :-) as admin wrote, shop will be available after all deliveries, so I think earliest late April. But I am checking every day, trying /shop, /eshop and /store into address bar :-)
Posted
Hello,

There will be some extra sales via an online shop on this website, but only after delivery and after-sales service will be completly done.
In my opinion, it should happen end of May / June (subjective estimation).

But you don't need to visit the forum daily. You should subcribe to the newsletter (form at the bottom of this webpage) and Serious Poulp will inform us about the opening of the shop.
resource_fire Firebird resource_fire (ma ludothèque)
T7Continent : icon_succes DV, OG, LG --- icon_curse SI, [CD+SI] --- icon_success-left Histoire, Pénitence, Funéraille --- card_type_temporary_event [SI+TS]
T7Citadel : card_type_temporary_event
Posted
Yeah I but I can guarantee this will be sold out before I get to even click buy so just trying to improve chances.
Posted
Hi,
Is there any estimation about the number of copies that will be sell vs the number of people already suscribed to the newsletter?
Posted
I can't know the number of copies of the game. And many newsletters are sent to backers (not only future buyers).

Anyway, don't panic ! I thing the size of the stock will be around 42 boxes ! ;-):-P

(Geek reference to H2G2 ;-))
T7Continent : icon_succes DV, OG, LG --- icon_curse SI, [CD+SI] --- icon_success-left Histoire, Pénitence, Funéraille --- card_type_temporary_event [SI+TS]
Posted
Posted
I'm ready
Posted
Still waiting :(:(
Posted
I got the 2nd edition rookie pledge. I'm missing all of the small extensions such as icy maze etc. Do you knwo if there will be any of those for sale?
Posted
Hi, there! Are there any plans to sell new copies in the online store? :-) (besides the remaining ones from KS, of course)
I've heard that the reason for the 7th continent not being sold at retail is due to the cost of production being so high that the only way to make a profit is to cut out the distributor and retailer. What about selling them here directly, then? The store will be already here and the manufacturer in China already knows how to do it, so why not ask for more batches? I guess it would make sense... otherwise, the online store will be lacking its rock star game pretty soon after it's open. (And for sure there will be a continues flow of interested buyers) :-)
Posted
fmgs31 wrote:
Hi, there! Are there any plans to sell new copies in the online store? :-) (besides the remaining ones from KS, of course)
I've heard that the reason for the 7th continent not being sold at retail is due to the cost of production being so high that the only way to make a profit is to cut out the distributor and retailer. What about selling them here directly, then? The store will be already here and the manufacturer in China already knows how to do it, so why not ask for more batches? I guess it would make sense... otherwise, the online store will be lacking its rock star game pretty soon after it's open. (And for sure there will be a continues flow of interested buyers) :-)

they can't make it one by one, they would have to do pre order or something like that to order a huge quantity and be profitable
Posted
And we all know they would sell all copies. So they should just place the order
Posted
littleusher wrote:

they can't make it one by one, they would have to do pre order or something like that to order a huge quantity and be profitable

Yes, of course, each batch could be a couple of thousands of copies.

adamandkate wrote:

Exactly
Posted
adamandkate wrote:

Since the moderator said their estimate is end of May/early June (likely to be later than this), it’s pretty normal there are still no news about it.

Backers just started receiving their copies; we have to wait that ALL backers get their package AND all the missing/damaged parts get replaced before they even can start counting how many copies of the game would be available for the shop.
Posted
Tootzo wrote:
adamandkate wrote:

Since the moderator said their estimate is end of May/early June (likely to be later than this), it’s pretty normal there are still no news about it.

Backers just started receiving their copies; we have to wait that ALL backers get their package AND all the missing/damaged parts get replaced before they even can start counting how many copies of the game would be available for the shop.

some started to receive? damn those lucky bastards :'(
Posted
Tootzo wrote:
Since the moderator said their estimate is end of May/early June (likely to be later than this), [...]

You're probably right. My new very-unofficial estimation is July/August for the shop. :unsure:
Posted
adamandkate wrote:

I agree, they'll probably sell all the extras, even if they print a fair amount more, but an important question is, how long will it take? Storage costs money and the game is really big so even if they sell out after a while they could lose money.
Posted
As far as I know, Serious Poulp's just 3 guys.

It's one thing to round all the KS numbers up to the nearest thousand and fill up somebody's garage with extra copies and spend a month or two boxing and mailing them out.

It's quite another to rent a warehouse space and hire a new employee just to pack boxes, which is what would be required to keep it in stock on the web store long-term.

I don't think it's so much that they think there isn't demand for them and they'll be stuck with gazillions of extra copies as just that running a shipping company seems like a pain in the ass and they want to spend their limited time working on their next game instead.

The demand for retail copies would be demand for a reprint on Kickstarter, too. Officially that is Not Gonna Happen but, the second Kickstarter basically happened because the demand was clearly there for it, so I don't think it's impossible. If they truly are leaving a ton of money on the table by not keeping this game available at retail, they'll do a third printing in a couple years and collect some of it. Wouldn't make sense not to.

They've said they don't want to expand 7C further, and the next game will use the same basic rules but a brand new setting. A reprint, if one were to emerge, probably wouldn't happen until after that goes to print at the earliest. Perhaps they'd even think of some new small stuff to do on the Continent in that time, perhaps not. There wouldn't be anything wrong with a reprint with no new content.

That's pure speculation anyway. There's no official plans for a reprint.
Posted
Well, that explains a lot and makes sense. Thank you for that, Brisingre.
Lets hope they didn't just round for the nearest thousand but for a couple of extra thousands more.
Forums/ The 7th Continent/ General22 posts