Forums/ The 7th Continent/ 2nd Kickstarter Campaign10 posts
Posted
I am intrigued by this game, unfortunately I only discovered it after the Kickstarter campaign for the "What goes up must come down" expansion ended.

I want to confirm future game availability. To my understanding:
1. There is a chance that the base game and all expansion content will be available for purchase on this website in Q1/Q2 2019 after all copies have reached Kickstarter members.
2. This game will not go to retail
3. The game will not be re-printed.

Is this correct?

I am willing to patiently wait until next year for an opportunity to purchase this product directly through Serious Poulp. I do NOT want to have to resort to paying scalpers fees for several reasons (least of all because it obviously costs more).
1. The money paid for this game deserves to go to the creators who have obviously labored for hundreds (probably thousands) of hours over this game
2. I feel safer paying money directly to Serious Poulp rather than an unknown third party who may or may not be honest about actually selling the product and stealing my money.
3. Scalping is morally corrupt and I strongly feel that scalpers should not profit in any way from some one else's hard work.

Thanks in advance for any replies.
Posted
You're 100% correct! :-)
I hope you'll be able to by a copy when the online shop open.
Pledge #37.568 - Rookie & Full Gameplay Bundle
Rejoignez-nous sur Discord / Join us on Discord : https://discord.gg/zbweh8V
Posted
I missed the campaign by a week and I´m really hoping that there will be some leftover copies for me and you (and all the other poor souls out there who missed to pledge).
Hopefully Serious Poulp has as soon as possible some news in that regard, i´m terribly nervous that i might be forced to buy from second hand for 200% the price to a guy i don´t know if he is trustful.
Posted
Do you have an estimate on when the shop will be open? Are we talking weeks or months?
Posted
LilCLinkin wrote:

3. The game will not be re-printed.

3. Scalping is morally corrupt and I strongly feel that scalpers should not profit in any way from some one else's hard work.

That's a bit strong. The scalpers would argue they helped fund the project when otherwise it might have struggled. Venture capitalist firms could be argued to be nothing more than greedy capitalist pigs, but then again, most of the companies they fund wouldn't exist without them, and some turn out to be massive drains on the venture capitalists (not all companies they fund are viable).

While I would much prefer to pay a higher fee to Serious Poulp for the game and expansions rather than a scalper, sadly, I missed the last window, so that is not an option. I had not even heard of this game at that time. I recognize that despite limited advertising, limited time window, and limited production, the scalpers did help SP accomplish what they set out to do with these limitations. Without the scalpers, it would have taken longer, required more word of mouth/advertising, and more money and greater risk. You could say they are a necessary evil if you still prefer the term evil. In a perfect world, SP would simply be able to fulfill orders on demand and not need KS or need backers. But this is not a perfect world.

The fact that SP has long stated it won't be reprinted creates an environment for scalpers to thrive in. Otherwise, if there were uncertainty about future reprints, scalpers would be taking on uncertainty themselves by investing in something that might turn out to be commoditized. So in a way, SP deserves some blame for the fact that Ebay is starting to fill up with shrink wrapped base sets the last few days as we enter the holiday season.
Posted
SethA wrote:
Do you have an estimate on when the shop will be open? Are we talking weeks or months?

The following sentence is right :
LilCLinkin wrote:
the base game and all expansion content will be available for purchase on this website in Q1/Q2 2019 after all copies have reached Kickstarter members.
:resource_fire: Firebird :resource_fire: (Phoenixeux sur TT)
[DV :icon_curse::icon_curse::icon_succes:] [OG :icon_curse::icon_curse::icon_curse:*:icon_succes:] [LG :icon_succes:] [CD+SI :icon_curse::icon_curse:] [SI :icon_curse:] [CD :icon_curse:+En cours**]
*[Histoire-T7C :icon_succes_7:] **[Pénitence :icon_curse:+Funéraille:icon_success-left:]
Posted
Resellers didn't have much of an effect on the making of this particular game (we blew past stretch goals with cash to spare) but they are helpful to gamers because they increase the supply. "Scalpers" take advantage of scarcity- there are only so many tickets to a concert, so buying 100 limits the ability of others to get hold of them. Ordering 100 copies of 7th Continent meant an additional 100 copies were produced, so if anything they give you a *better* chance of obtaining this game at a reasonable price.
Posted
And even in the case of scalping concert tickets, those people waited in line, called phone numbers endlessly, or sat at the computer in virtual line to get the tickets they resell later, so that those who couldn't be bothered to do the same, get to pay a markup for someone else doing the work for them. People may not like paying more for this "service" but nevertheless, scalpers are doing what "you" couldn't or wouldn't do, which is fight to get tickets when they first went on sale. It's not their fault "you" didn't. They are nothing more than middle men. Not a glorious profession, but middle men exist in almost every industry and are necessary. Certainly not immoral.
Posted
SethA wrote:
And even in the case of scalping concert tickets, those people waited in line, called phone numbers endlessly, or sat at the computer in virtual line to get the tickets they resell later, so that those who couldn't be bothered to do the same, get to pay a markup for someone else doing the work for them.

And by that making the need for being engaged into a need for being rich enough. I wouldn't even be against rich people paying someone to buy the tickets for them if they are to busy, but as it is practiced now it's more like someone cleaning your car without you wanting it and then charging you a fee for their work. There were more than just a few events where there were enough tickets for everyone who wanted to visit, but still people had to buy from scalpers because those grabbed the tickets only to sell them with a hefty markup.
Posted
Unisus wrote:
it's more like someone cleaning your car without you wanting it and then charging you a fee for their work.

So where you are from, you are first forced to attend a concert you don't want to see, and then pay for the ticket later? Strange customs...
Forums/ The 7th Continent/ 2nd Kickstarter Campaign10 posts