Forums/ The 7th Continent/ General16 posts
Posted - Edited
Hi
A fan-made mini-expansion is nearly finished - I plan to publish it before November.

Lost & Found
Many things and even more people got lost on the 7th continent. Some want to be found, some do not, and some should not.

Contents
The expansion contains 90 cards:
  • 1 rules card
  • 1 "Book of Idols" card
  • 1 Clue card for the new curse of "The Lost Artefact"
  • 87 numbered Blue Adventure cards forming the Blue Adventure deck
Posted - Edited
How does it play
The expansion contains 2 modules:
  1. You can play with the new "The Lost Artefact" curse, alone or alongside any other curses.
  2. You can add "Book of Idols" card to your game even when not playing with the new curse (in the same way you would add the "Pocket Watch" from the "Path Of Repentance" expansion)

The expansion is primarily meant for the players who "have seen it all".
Good knowledge of the continent will come in handy, however, there are enough hints that you shouldn't get completely lost even without previous experience.

How does it work
The main idea is that no cards from this expansion (which will be printed by people and would differ in quality from the official cards) are ever shuffled with the original cards.
The Blue Adventure cards form their own deck with green and golden numbered cards - the only difference is that their :card_pick:"numbox" is blue.

An example (minimal spoilers):

And here is the back side of "The Lost Artefact" Clue card (no spoilers, in my opinion):

Can I help?
Sure you can :thumb_up: :action_observe::action_balance::action_take:

Let me know if you'd like to print it and do a playtest this month (The expected play time of the new curse alone is approximately 7 hours, more with all the optional side quests).
Or if you'd like to read all the cards without playing, just to see the ideas and find the mistakes or awkward sentences - that's very helpful too 8-)

The current version is 95% ready, I just need to add some graphics and do a final check of grammar, layout and card numbers.
Posted - Edited
Great project ! :w00t::thumb_up:
Thanks for keeping us informed here !

I just sent a message in the french part of this forum for more followers.

When you will publish the final version, post it in the "Rules-and-operating-points" part of the forum, and I'll pin it.
resource_fire Firebird resource_fire (ma ludothèque)
T7Continent : icon_succes DV, OG, LG --- icon_curse SI, [CD+SI] --- icon_success-left Histoire, Pénitence, Funéraille --- card_type_temporary_event [SI+TS]
T7Citadel : card_type_temporary_event
Posted
Great job !
Posted
Dear Dill’s,

Thank you for this initiative! :thumb_up:

We look forward to play your fan-made expansion (feel free to send it to us before releasing it if you want our “feedback”).

Just so everybody knows, we are totally open with fan-made content as long as it remains free for all and identified as "non-official fan-made content".

Also, we’ll soon provide (like before the end of next week) a fan-kit including official icons and card backgrounds.

Thanks

Bruno
Posted
Thanks for your kind words :)
I'll be interested in any feedback from the designers, thanks for the offer.
I'll also make sure there is a big enough disclaimer about the "non-officiality" in the files when published.

Official fan-kit? After all that time spent photoshoping official PNPs and card scans :ninja: ... I'll be glad to update my resources with the official ones :thumb_up:
PS: Before doing this project, I would never quessed that there are so many different card backs in this game ... :-)
Posted
One final sneak-peak. The "Book of Idols" card itself.

You can see the possibilities I'm sure 8-)
(And also how this may be broken by the upcomming WGUMCD expansion, but I'll deal with that when it comes...)
Posted - Edited
BrunoS wrote:
Dear Dill’s,

Thank you for this initiative! :thumb_up:

We look forward to play your fan-made expansion (feel free to send it to us before releasing it if you want our “feedback”).

Just so everybody knows, we are totally open with fan-made content as long as it remains free for all and identified as "non-official fan-made content".

Also, we’ll soon provide (like before the end of next week) a fan-kit including official icons and card backgrounds.

Thanks

Bruno

This is the best news I've heard in months! I can't wait to ditch my own templates.

I'm also blown away by the amount of time and work on display here. This fan expansion looks amazing! Inspires me to pursue some of my own more ambitious ideas. I love the design of Book of Idols.

I have a two-person group of pretty experienced players very interested in custom content (working on some of our own.) We'd love to playtest!
Posted
Thrilling!! Congratulations and thank you for putting something like this together -- and thank you to BrunoS for taking the lead on supporting this sort of thing! The fan-kit would be a great boon.

I made an account to respond to this -- really looking forward to trying out your modules.
Posted
This looks awesome! I may just try to find a place that can print cards here.
Posted
if you're looking for translators I could be tempted to get the french translation done :action_think: (I'd just need to get a new campaign started, haven't played again after Voracious Goddess after receiving KS yet, to get used to the game's writing style again)
Posted - Edited
I just finished your mini-extension.

Congratulations, it's a great work, and I fell it truly respects the spirit of the game as intended by the authors. It also gives experienced explorers a good way to use their knowledge of the continent, and you really need to know a lot of things to succeed in this adventure.

Furthermore, during the game, I revealed only half of the cards you designed, so I'm sure there are others surprises if I do the adventure again.

I have mixed feelings: I'd be happy to help with the french translation if you're interested in it, but I'd sure like to discover all the things you imagined without spoiling me... Tough decision :happy:

Thanks for making this. It was very cool.
Posted - Edited
Hi, thanks for the feedback, I'll ask for more spoilery things in the PM.

About the French translation - thanks for the offers. I'll consider it after the english version is released.
Posted
If you're still looking for playtesters, I'll give it a whirl. I only have the base box so I can't check all the interactions though.

From the hints you've shown the content looks great!
Posted
Wow this thread slipped through my finger, this is awesome!

Want to try it right away!
Posted
It's available now: in this post

Big thanks to all the playtesters who tried it and made it better.
If you did not have time to send the feedback yet, don't worry - I'll still appreciate it in any later date :thumb_up:
Forums/ The 7th Continent/ General16 posts