Forums/ The 7th Continent/ Rules and Operating Points4 posts
Posted
I have seen a few cards with an action with the Padlock Icon, where the conditions for success are dependent on a variable.

An example is the card

Action that can be taken, with X cards and Y successes required, padlocked. But then there's a condition that says "If Z is true, conditions for success are now A cards and B successes instead.

Now my question is, are both of these options considered padlocked? I could see it being either way, maybe the padlock was omitted for brevity because it applies to the action no matter what. Or maybe if you're lucky/unlucky enough to meet the condition, a benefit is the padlock no longer applies.

Thanks.
Posted
I think that we must consider 2 different things :
- The action : the symbol of the RP type :action_empty:, and the limitations as :action_mandatory: and/or :icon_locked: and/or :icon_stairs:.
- The condition of the test : Nb of cards to draw :card_blue: and nb of success needed :icon_succes:

So the textual condition you met should modity only the condition of the test, without changing the action (:icon_locked: stay valid).
resource_fire Firebird resource_fire (ma ludothèque)
T7Continent : icon_succes DV, OG, LG --- icon_curse SI, [CD+SI] --- icon_success-left Histoire, Pénitence, Funéraille --- card_type_temporary_event [SI+TS]
T7Citadel : card_type_temporary_event
Posted
Thanks for that! I had been playing that way because I didn't want to make the game easier than it should be! Glad to hear I haven't been punishing myself for no reason...
Posted
You can tell based on the :card_blue:. If there is a +, then you can draw more cards. If there is no +, then you can't. The padlock is just a way to highlight this fact.

card
has:card_blue: without the +, therefore is considered a padlock.
Forums/ The 7th Continent/ Rules and Operating Points4 posts