Forums/ The 7th Continent/ Strategies & Tactics15 posts
Posted
I seem to recall Bruno talking about game and fish replenishing between saves. However ...
I note that the green 'easy' hunting/fishing card gets banished and replaced by the yellow 'hard' version. This means that the game will never replenish until a new game is started.

Have I got this right, or am I missing something ?
Posted - Edited
Could you indicate (title and first message) the number of the card(s) you talk about, please ?
This will be better for managing spoilers and obtain best responses from the community.

Do you talk about the cards [:card_pick:777] (easy) and [:card_pick:650] (hard) which it presents in the rulebook (page 9) ?
resource_fire Firebird resource_fire (ma ludothèque)
T7Continent : icon_succes DV, OG, LG --- icon_curse SI, [CD+SI] --- icon_success-left Histoire, Pénitence, Funéraille --- card_type_temporary_event [SI+TS]
T7Citadel : card_type_temporary_event
Posted
I guess you are right :)
Traducteur des deux jeux
Translator of both games
Posted
I did not want to mention any specific card numbers. People who have hunted or fished should know the process to which I refer. Namely ...
You perform the relevent action, and replace the green card with the yellow one, which represents fewer animals/fish.
Posted
I think it is to prevent from farming food cards.
Objectif toutes :flag_curse_sm: par tous les explorateurs
DV CC
ME: 4/10 CD:4/10 LG : 7/10 SI : 4/10 TS : 4/10 OG : 2/10 AR : 0/10 PN : 0/10 PV : 0/10 VT : 0/10
Posted
My interpretation is as follows:

Most (if not all) hunt cards have 2 green and a yellow. When you complete the easy hunt you discard the green and replace it with a yellow (as described at the bottom of the card) - even though there is another green.

The yellow hunt card has an action at the bottom of it that returns the yellow card instead of discarding it. If you perform that action, and then redo the spot/observe action, you draw the other green easy hunt.

This gives you a second easy hunt, but costs you a few actions to draw it. And after the second easy hunt, you only have the yellow hunt card left to draw so you cannot farm easy hunts.
Posted
Ahh, that makes perfect sense. I have only encountered the '1 green' variety so far. Thanks.
Posted
Hi,
Yes
, green fishing / hunting cards are usually better to fish/hunt than gold cards. Once you have, they are banished and replaced with golden cards bearing the same number, that remain in play until you "reset the board" (by saving for instance).
Therefore you have to save in order to have the game come back to be hunted.
Posted - Edited
Hi, I only have the manual at hand and can build my answer on the posts written here since I haven't received my game yet. But BrunoS' answer is contradicting the rules as I understand them (at least if the wording here in the posts is correct).

BrunoS wrote:
[...]Once you have, they are banished [...]. Therefore you have to save in order to have the game come back to be hunted.

But as I understand the rules:
Manual, p.17 wrote:
All banished cards will be returned at the end of the game (when players lose or win).
Manual, p.21 wrote:
Resuming the game. Return all the cards in the Past to their place in their respective original deck.

So only the past is reset, not the banished pile, right? So either they are sent into the past (and not banished) to come back after resuming or they are banished and won't come back after resuming. But banishing and resuming doesn't seem to fit here. So I assume the card says in the text to discard it (as Lyannah wrote) and not to banish it (like GreatCthulhu + BrunoS wrote).
Posted
@Falco20019 :
I'm pretty sure you're right.
T7Continent : icon_succes DV, OG, LG --- icon_curse SI, [CD+SI] --- icon_success-left Histoire, Pénitence, Funéraille --- card_type_temporary_event [SI+TS]
Posted
@falcao

What does Bruno means is that the green card is banished and replaced by the gold one. The green card will never come back.

But you have to reset the board to be able to hunt again and draw again that yellow card. I assume that the yellow card is a permanent event which forbid you to take the action once again as long as it is visible.
Objectif toutes :flag_curse_sm: par tous les explorateurs
DV CC
ME: 4/10 CD:4/10 LG : 7/10 SI : 4/10 TS : 4/10 OG : 2/10 AR : 0/10 PN : 0/10 PV : 0/10 VT : 0/10
Posted - Edited
What the gold one means was written by Bruno in the same post:
You can still fish, but it's harder/you get less. This may also be different for some hunting grounds, so not being able to take the action sounds also like one possible option.

But you are correct, his message can also be read that way :)
So the cards get really banished, also through saves, and a second green is the only option (after resetting the board), to have another "better" chance until the pool is nearly depleted

Looking forward to get the game soon (in Germany) and to see all the stuff for myself!
Posted - Edited
Heres how the cards work.

The green cards have the two diamonds -> green to gold symbol. :green_into_gold:

This means banish the green card and replace with the gold card.

So, saving the game wont return the good hunting spots. Once you have done them once, they will always remain gold (except for multiple green cards) and will always be difficult hunting grounds.

However, saving will return all the animals cards. The ones you have hunted and have then discarded. They replenish the animals and allow you better options when hunting.

I wouldve thought the green cards should return, thematically, but according to the rules, they dont.

Edit Moderator : picto added
Posted
Hi, like Falco20019 I only have the manual at hand and some imput from gameplays.

I understand that some adventure cards have more than one green card, when the rules mandate them to be changed to a golden card they never have the chance to comeback to a green card before a reset from a salved game.

In this case, you aways have the goldem hunt in your play, wen you reset, you have the opportunit to draw a new green card.

Or I'm interpretating wrong?
:flag_curse_sm: 0 / 7
VG: :icon_curse: 1 :icon_succes: 0
Posted
HFBPereira wrote:
Or I'm interpretating wrong?

No, you're right !
Forums/ The 7th Continent/ Strategies & Tactics15 posts