Forums/ The 7th Continent/ Rules and Operating Points17 posts
Posted
After reading the rules it appears there is no mention of the fire tokens except that they provide the fire resource when standing on that square.

I think that it would be good to have a section which says something along the lines of. "Each player gets a fire token during the game. These fire tokens can be placed on a terrain card when fire is made. (specific cards will tell you when you can make a fire). This also provides the fire resource while standing on that terrain card. When you run out of fire tokens, placing another one requires you to remove a previously placed fire token."

This is because first time playing im asking myself, what do these fire tokens do? Can i make them whenever i want? How do they work? Etc.
.. And couldnt find anything in the rules.
Posted
Hi,

Page 20 from the Rulenook, you have this :

That looks good to me, no?
Posted
Yeh. I found that. I was just thinking a little bit more information might be helpful, thats all.
Posted
Oh sorry I realized I didn't get your problem :blush:

Yes, it seems there is no place saying "when you make fire, place a fire token on the terrain card where the fire has been made from".

However, I can't find a example, but I remember this is explicitely written on the Success "Consequence" card after making a fire. Somehting like : "Place a fire token on your terrain card".
Isn't it ?
Posted
* Add this topic in memory to fill the FAQ *
resource_fire Firebird resource_fire (ma ludothèque)
T7Continent : icon_succes DV, OG, LG --- icon_curse SI, [CD+SI] --- icon_success-left Histoire, Pénitence, Funéraille --- card_type_temporary_event [SI+TS]
T7Citadel : card_type_temporary_event
Posted
The relevant items cards do say to place the fire token on the terrain.

However, before you start the game, and before looking at any cards you will be thinking, what do these fire tokens do?

Its not until you begin playing and finally draw the correct card that you understand.

This is not ideal as players like to know the rules before beginning, because someone will ask "how do i place my fire token", and wont be able to find an answer.
Posted
Thefieryphoenix wrote:

This is not ideal as players like to know the rules before beginning, because someone will ask "how do i place my fire token", and wont be able to find an answer.

I partially agree !

I want to know the rules before playing only to be sure to miss anything. But if the rules tells me "don't worry about that you'll know what to do at proper time", that's ok with me :).

It was the same thing for advanced ideas and experience point. The rules doesn't tell us anything about it, but we will discover in time.

Maybe just a sentence telling us that we will know what to do in time would ease our concerns :).
Objectif toutes :flag_curse_sm: par tous les explorateurs
DV CC
ME: 4/10 CD:4/10 LG : 7/10 SI : 4/10 TS : 4/10 OG : 2/10 AR : 0/10 PN : 0/10 PV : 0/10 VT : 0/10
Posted
Kornetmuse wrote:
I want to know the rules before playing only to be sure to miss anything. But if the rules tells me "don't worry about that you'll know what to do at proper time", that's ok with me :).

It was the same thing for advanced ideas and experience point. The rules doesn't tell us anything about it, but we will discover in time.

For fire there are other details missing: are we limited to 1 per character? What happens when we light a fire and another one is already active? Presumably we just move the fire token (presumably limited to one per character (except in "custom character mode", where the solo custom character explicitly gets 4 fire tokens)), but that's not specified anywhere, neither on cards no in the rulebook.

How to hand fire is definitely a point for the FAQ. (There's a note from an admin earlier in this thread to add something to the FAQ, but i'm not currently seeing fire in the FAQ.)
Posted
I know, I'm late ! :unsure:

sgbeal wrote:
For fire there are other details missing: are we limited to 1 per character?

This is in the rulebook (p.9) : Each player takes their character’s figure and one fire figure.
It is not a shared pool.

sgbeal wrote:
What happens when we light a fire and another one is already active? Presumably we just move the fire token (presumably limited to one per character (except in "custom character mode", where the solo custom character explicitly gets 4 fire tokens))

You're right.
T7Continent : icon_succes DV, OG, LG --- icon_curse SI, [CD+SI] --- icon_success-left Histoire, Pénitence, Funéraille --- card_type_temporary_event [SI+TS]
Posted
Firebird wrote:
This is in the rulebook (p.9) : Each player takes their character’s figure and one fire figure.
It is not a shared pool.

Does this mean you have to remember which fire token belongs to each player?

Meaning, in the following scenario (two player game):
Player 1 builds a fire, and places his fire token on the terrain tile he's on.
Later in the game he builds another fire, should he move the existing token to his current tile, or place a new one as player 2 has yet to use his?

From the "not shared pool" part I'm guessing the answer is "move the existing token to the new tile", but it's going to get hard to track this throughout the game...
Posted
molejo wrote:
From the "not shared pool" part I'm guessing the answer is "move the existing token to the new tile",

You're right.

molejo wrote:
but it's going to get hard to track this throughout the game...

Each player have a fire token close to his character's card. It's easy to know if he had already use it.
And if several players put there token into play, it's not so difficult to remember where it made the fire, no ? Also, you may use the small round token with the characters' face to mark the fire token.
Posted
Firebird wrote:
Also, you may use the small round token with the characters' face to mark the fire token.

That's a nice idea, thanks!
Posted - Edited
Firebird wrote:
molejo wrote:
From the "not shared pool" part I'm guessing the answer is "move the existing token to the new tile",

You're right.

I assume the same applies when the board is reset like when you make it to the 7th continent after crossing the sea early in the game? Is it available again?
Posted
Not sure to understand.
When you reset the board, every fire token return close to its character's card.
So when you explore a new part of the continent and decide to :action_make_fire:, you use the token of the active player.
Posted
Firebird wrote:
When you reset the board, every fire token return close to its character's card.

Great, thank you for the quick reply! I thought that's what would happen but wanted to make sure.
Posted
I thought I saw it someplace- but can't find it now....but a move action is 'free' if there is fire present? Or did I dream this someplace? ha!
Posted
Dustinclays wrote:
I thought I saw it someplace- but can't find it now....but a move action is 'free' if there is fire present? Or did I dream this someplace? ha!

There is a effect on each character's card that give you -1:card_blue: if :action_condition::action_move: toward another character or a fire token.
On the Custom character's card, the effect give you -3 (or -4, I don't remember) because you play it in solo mode (and you can have till 4 fire tokens for you).

But I don't know if a "free" move action exist somewhere...
Forums/ The 7th Continent/ Rules and Operating Points17 posts